- Organize and execute regular music classes (ex.: piano, violin, guitar, theory classes, drums, flute, clarinet, etc.) for students ages 15-22
- Assist and lead students in church service by leading the praise band and praise team
- Starting other music groups (e.g. string quartets, small orchestra) is highly encouraged
- Participate in weekend supervision of students
- Participate in student and staff worships, SS, church, and other spiritual focus programs"
- Other duties as assigned throughout the year
- Prefer Univ. degree in music or at least three yrs. of university music education. .
- Language: English
- Marital Status: EIther
Men are expected to dress professionally with pants and a collared shirt each day during school hours. Shorts are acceptable only during recreation or work duties. Western conservative Christian clothing is preferred. Women are expected to dress conservatively and professionally, covering legs and arms at all times. Ankle length skirts or pants are appropriate.
Unacceptable Dress: Men - shirts with controversial writing or pictures. Women - revealing or tight clothing is not allowed. Sleeveless shirts, shorts, and two-piece bathing suits.
Volunteers, if single, will share a room or an efficiency apartment with another volunteer(s). Basic furniture such as a bed and dresser or closet, kitchenette, washing machine, and other necessities are provided by the school. Towels, sheets, and toiletries are the responsibility of the volunteer. Electrical outlets 220V.
Egypt has some amazing places to visit and experience. Cairo is an international hub and the school calendar allows for breaks to explore and travel to other locations. All travel during breaks are at the expense of the volunteer including fees to leave and return.
- Local Travel as it relates to employment
- Travel to/from Location
- No accommodations for children
Monthly Living Allowance - USD $55.00
- It is important to be sensitive to and abide by the cultural norms.
- Required Inoculations: Yellow Fever
- Visa Type: Tourist visa bought at the airport for $25.00 USD Depending on your nationality. Check on-line
- The volunteer must bring USD 25.00 in hand for purchasing the Tourism Visa at the airport.
- All Nile Union Academy staff are expected to abide by the AVS guidelines and the NUA Staff Handbook in an effort to model acceptable behavior to the student and community.
Photo by MD Duran on Unsplash
Teach at a school with a rich history and one that has been operating for a long time in Egypt.
August 2020- June 2022
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.