- Manages digital records center scanning and electronic documents processing, retrieval and distribution system functions, including technician supervision, performance assessments and recommendations;
- Manages the operations General Conference scanning center, located in ASTR
- Assesses, selects and manages budget for purchases of hardware and software for the scanning center and for ASTR websites
- Conducts needs assessments to identify electronic document management requirements of departments at the world headquarters, division headquarters around the world, and other end users
- Consults with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content and implements solutions
- Advises on determining records management policies to facilitate efficient, legal and secure access to electronic content
- Manages system administration functions as they relate to records management using Laserfiche, SharePoint, Office 365, SQL Server, and other content management tools
- Formulates strategic plans for development of enterprise content management for the world headquarters and division headquarters.
- Manages response process for hard-copy document requests, using Versatile Enterprise and MSAccess.
- Leads joint ASTR and ITS development team in developing the digital archive & records center, and in developing and managing synergies between digital and paper records management systems.
- Assesses potential new software for organization-wide content management and advises on purchase
- Liaises with ITS to develop data entry applications for the Yearbook and statistical data-collection and publication processes, including online publication and dissemination of data.
- Develops strategies for more effective capture and preservation of electronic records
- Coordinates the development and support of web applications built on different platforms.
- Work with various platforms such as ModX to update the content of ASTR websites as necessary.
- Advises on various issues relating to publication of Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook, Annual Statistical Report, General Conference Archives Monographs, Finding Aids, and research publications using Adobe Acrobat software.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- Coordinates and advises on providing training in archives, records management and digitization for world divisions and denominational tertiary educational institutions as needed.
- Must be a member in regular standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Must maintain a regular and reliable work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (MA/MSc) in Library Science, Information Technology, Archives and Records Management or Computer Science field required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more database and/or website application development environments.
- Several years of successful work experience in records management with several of the technologies/ applications outlined above, including SharePoint.
- Work experience in records-management, archiving, or document management, is required; experience in database and/or website development is preferred.
- International experience serving the Seventh-day Adventist Church in a leadership position.
- Knowledge of principles and policies of the General Conference and beliefs of the Church. Knowledge of church structure and organization.
- Knowledge of management principles and demonstrated leadership ability in an organizational setting. Ability to manage both clerical and professional staff
- Strong analytical abilities. Proven ability to present publicly on complex subjects and/or to conduct training of professionals.
- Good working knowledge of programming concepts, database design and web application design and construction.
- Ability to assist departmental staff with technology related issues and work in conjunction with ISS.
- Flexibility and aptitude to adapt to the departmental needs, particularly in the area of technology.
- Must be courteous, have good communication skills, be self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks without supervision.
- Knowledge and skill in appropriate methods of dealing with human behavior in various circumstances, including interacting with tour groups.
- Advanced command of English language skills including verbal and written proficiency.
Position Wage Class: Salaried full-time Exempt
Remuneration Range: 89% to 104%
This postion reports to Roy Kline, Assistant Director, ASTR, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
A full-time employment opportunity with Archives, Statistics, and Research (ASTR) of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist world headquarters
Silver Spring, United States
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply through the HR Office of the Seventh-day Adventist Church World Headquarters.