- The Encyclopedia of Seventh-day Adventists (ESDA) seeks to include articles on every aspect of Adventist history, so consider: What can I write on? It may be a biography of a missionary, evangelist or educator, the Adventist work in the country, state, or city in which you were born. You may want to write an article on a school or ministry, or about Adventists’ engagement with an issue that you are passionate about, such as social activism, technology, or the environment.
- We invite researchers, teachers, students, and members with expertise on many given subjects—not only history and theology scholars—to contribute articles on topics not yet covered by our invitation-only editorial process.
- Authors can choose a topic from the list of available topics or suggest a new topic.
- The goal of each article is to be primary source-based, honest, open, comprehensive, and rigorous, representative of the diversity and richness of Adventism, and fully understandable to both church members and the public.
- Authors are given guidelines, model articles, and other useful resources to guide them in the process of writing.
- Authors work closely with their region’s assistant editor.
- Articles vary in length from 500 to 5,000 words.
- Depending on the topic, article submission deadline is from 6 to 12 months.
- Good language and writing skills (while English articles are preferred, we accept articles in Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, and Russian)
- Basic knowledge of online research, ability to conduct interviews (if necessary to collect oral tradition), access to church archives
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Experience with writing and/or research (includes not only scholarly publications, but also essays in church magazines, newsletters, and similar)
There is no payment for this assignment.
If you like to write and have an interest in Adventist history, this is perfect for you. You will work closely with an assistant editor and write an article that will be signed, peer-reviewed, and published.
Silver Spring, MD, United States
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process,