- leading small groups
- helping newly formed groups to organize leaders and maintain growth.
- provide occasional medical assistance
- personal and group bible studies
- Pre-med student prefered
- Languages: English and nice to know Spanish as well.
- 2 years College
- Marital Status: Single
Scrubs for medical work. Modest shirts, shorts, jeans and work pants are acceptable. For church and special functions, dresses, dress pants and shirts.
No tight pants, short shorts, spaghetti straps, low cleavages, or clothing with questionable logos or messages. No jewelry, tattoos, colored painted nails. Women: midriff must be covered when bending down.
The housing provides bunk beds with mattresses, mosquito netting, table and chair. Other supplies are purchased in nearby Pucallpa for personal needs.
- Travel to/from Locatio
- Local Travel
- Insurance - THE INSURANCE WILL BE BILLED TO THE VOLUNTEER'S SENDING INSTITUTION
- Monthly Living Allowance - Volunteer should raise $300/month plus airfare plus money to use for required vacation to leave country and return to renew 180 day Visa.
- Medical / Inoculations - Yellow fever vaccine should be taken at least 10 days prior to the trip. Update tetanus, Typhoid, Hep A.
After you have been voted into this position by the General Conference, your volunteer status will be changed to "Assignment Voted." You must then provide your travel itinerary to: 1) your place of service, 2) your Home/Sending Division so they can request insurance for you, and 3) your sending organization (if you have one). To do this, please log on to your AVS website account where you can email it automatically to the organizations previously mentioned.
Upon arrival in Peru at Lima (Jorge Chavez International airport) pass through immigrations, at the immigrations desk, request 183—day—tourist—visa and receive tarjeta andina (the bottom half of a white form you will fill out upon arrival in Peru for the immigrations checkpoint, Immigrations will stamp the paper, which then constitutes your visa for entering the country. It is very important to store this paper in a safe place, as it is required for you to leave the country. Before expiration of 183 days, leave the country for 24 hours for visa renewal (recommended border countries Ecuador or Bolivia).
Photo by Ben White on Unsplash
Serve a ministry that supports mission projects that provide unique opportunities to share Jesus.
Sept 2019 - June 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.