Each of these two calls represents an opportunity for the volunteer to grow their capacity for leadership within the context of a community based urban ministry.
Duties to be divided and shared between both volunteers include:
- Coordinating and leading/implementing Community Outreach efforts including two large community festivals/block parties (October & April); Coordinating and leading/guiding Sabbath Worship activities including small group Bible Study organizing;
- Contribute to small group Bible Studies by writing lessons for facilitators and coordinating other writers from local congregation;
- Deliver sermons 1-2 times a month;
- Attend and contribute to community meetings relevant to REACH Sarasota and the North Trail community;
- Maintain and foster relationship development with existing partner organizations of REACH Sarasota by assisting as needed;
- Host small group gatherings at the Ministry House;
- Maintain regular weekly hours at the Ministry Center (storefront).
- Volunteers are responsible for day to day upkeep of the Ministry House including care of a small lawn.
- **Important to Note: REACH Sarasota recognizes that no applicant will have all spiritual gifts, expertise, nor interest in this diverse list of responsibilities. Both volunteers will work with the supervising pastor to split up these responsibilities based on each individual's spiritual gifts, competencies, and interests.*