Will perform chaplaincy duties, planning and implementing spiritual growth activities throughout the school year, providing spiritual counseling to staff and students as needed, organizing and carrying out at least biannual weeks of prayer and at least quarterly special worship services (e.g., Friday evenings) at the school. Will work with the administration and school board regarding the scheduling of spiritual events and your role at the school.
Duties may also include supervision, contacting parents, and extra-curricular activities. Be ready to help serve in whatever way is needed. Will also be involved with church activities both in-reach and out-reach.
- By precept and example, the employee will seek to uphold Christ as Friend and Lord and will endeavor to lead students to a similar understanding.
- Maintain proper control of the students’ behavior in the classroom, school ground and premises in accordance with the rules and regulations stipulated in the Handbook.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the classroom and school grounds; create visual aids, posters and displays in bulletin boards, thus supporting a positive learning environment; be responsible for janitorial work in and around classroom and undertake supervisory duties at lunch hour, and in other times in rotation with other teachers.
- Attend regular staff meetings as scheduled and other meetings and events even after school; join in‐service sessions and workshops in order to maintain or increase his/her level of teaching skills.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities considered as part of normal load; will work in harmony with school programs and activities outlined in the Staff Handbook/Bulletin, and other directives set forth by the Board and administration.
- Regularly attend weekend services and assist in church programs according to talents and abilities. (Sabbath School classes for all ages that need leaders and assistants, Pathfinder club, youth meetings during the week, door-to-door, prison ministry,…the ministries that can be joined in are extensive and many more could be led by you!)