- Assist the Head Dean in dorm duties
- Staff Meetings
- Evening and weekend supervision
- Participate in student and staff worships, Sabbath School, Church and other scheduled programs
- Other duties assigned throughout the year
- Prefer a South Sudanese woman with either dean or residence assistance experience.
- Prefer one who has completed 2+ years of University.
- Prefer one who will consider giving NUA 2 years of mission service.
- Ability to teach one class in an area of need
- Understanding of Arabic language is a plus
- Language: English
- Gender: Female
- Marital Status: Single
Men are expected to dress professionally with pants and a collared shirt each day during school hours. Shorts are acceptable only during recreation or work duties. Western conservative Christian clothing is preferred. Women are expected to dress conservatively and professionally, covering legs and arms at all times. Ankle length skirts or pants are appropriate.
Unacceptable Dress: Men - shirts with controversial writing or pictures. Women - revealing or tight clothing is not allowed. Sleeveless shirts, shorts, and two-piece bathing suits.
Volunteers, if single, will share a room or an efficiency apartment with another volunteer(s). Basic furniture such as a bed and dresser or closet, kitchenette, washing machine, and other necessities are provided by the school. Towels, sheets, and toiletries are the responsibility of the volunteer. Electrical outlets 220V.
Egypt has some amazing places to visit and experience. Cairo is an international hub and the school calendar allows for breaks to explore and travel to other locations. All travel during breaks are at the expense of the volunteer including fees to leave and return.
- Local Travel as it relates to employment
- Monthly Living Allowance - USD $55.00
- Travel to/from Location
Monthly Living Allowance - USD $55.00
Photo by Daria Shevtsova on Unsplash
- It is important to be sensitive to and abide by the cultural norms.
- Required Inoculations: Yellow Fever
- Visa Type: Tourist visa bought at the airport for $25.00 USD Depending on your nationality. Check on-line
- The volunteer must bring USD 25.00 in hand for purchasing the Tourism Visa at the airport.
Attend to the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of the girls at NUA with respect, dignity and compassion.
August 2019 - June 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.