- Assist Principal and provide office support such as phones, mail, faxing, data entry
- Manage the on-site vegetarian food store
- May be called upon to lead out at weekly Assembly
- Participate in a rotation schedule for after-school care
- Assist and support in the daily and weekly housekeeping tasks at school
- Expected to be involved in the local community & church
- Perform any other duties as requested, tasks may overlap with other workers
- Must have basic secretarial skills including computer operational skills.
- Be professional in all communications to parents and surrounding community.
- Conservative, professional (by local standards), modest apparel.
- During school hours, staff are required to wear the school polo as well as khakis, navy, or grey pants or appropriate shorts.
- Attire that teases or advertises (low necklines, short shorts, mini-skirts, leggings).
- Dirty, ragged (grunge), low-slung pants.
- Unnecessary accessories.
- The school staff and the school board reserves final judgment on issues of apparel.
Standard furnished bedroom with full access to kitchen, dining, and bathroom/shower facilities. Expect a dorm-style environment with two to a room. While we strive to maintain a stable, clean, healthy, and comfortable situation, conditions beyond our control do happen and we will respond promptly. Expect the possibility of needing to relocate due to activities such as renovations, vacation choices, medical exigencies, etc.
- Local Travel
- Travel to and from location
Monthly Living Allowance: USD 450
Health Issues Please note that the presence of Vog (volcanic fog) can aggravate asthma. Add'nl Info - Expect long days. 7am till 5pm (with lunch break) Monday - Friday - Expected to attend the local church - Must adhere to all standards set forth by the Seventh-day Adventist church — No tattoos, jewelry, body piercings, immodest clothing, cussing or swearing, alcohol, drugs - As a missionary, expect to set an example, not just do the minimum required - Must be willing to support a vegetarian or vegan diet - Must speak English fluently - Must be able to follow verbal and written directions and document task progress - Must be able to legally drive in the USA
Photo by Mike Petrucci on Unsplash
Support the everyday functions of a school in general administrative tasks, managing an on-campus store, and other tasks.
Hilo, United States
July 2019-June 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.