- Volunteer will be involved in all aspects of teaching the assigned classes. Duties also include lesson planning, grading, classroom management, counseling, instruction, supervision and extra-curricular activities. The volunteer will:
- Teach the above-mentioned class and undertake such extra-curricular activities and supervisory duties as administration may assign.
- By precept and example, seek to uphold Christ as Friend and Lord and endeavor to lead students to a similar understanding.
- Maintain careful records of attendance and scholastic performance in the register and grade book for that purpose; make course outlines and lesson plans as prescribed by the administration.
- Maintain proper control of the students’ behavior in the classroom, school grounds and premises in accordance with the rules and regulations stipulated in the Handbook.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the classroom and school grounds; create visual aids, posters and displays in bulletin boards, thus supporting a positive learning environment; be responsible for janitorial work in and around classroom and undertake supervisory duties at lunch hour, and in other times in rotation with other teachers.
- Attend regular staff meetings as scheduled and other meetings and events even after school; join in‐service sessions and workshops in order to maintain or increase his/her level of teaching skills.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities considered as part of normal load; will work in harmony with school programs and activities outlined in the Staff Handbook/Bulletin, and other directives set forth by the Board and administration.
- Regularly attend weekend services and assist in church programs according to talents and abilities. (Sabbath School classes for all ages that need leaders and assistants, Pathfinder Club, youth meetings during the week, door-to-door visits, prison ministry, Bible studies, and other outreach as needed…the ministries that can be joined in are extensive and many more could be led by you!)
- Fluent English
- At least 2 years of College/Univ
- Age: 20+
Acceptable Dress: Men teach in long pants (no jeans) but may wear shorts off campus or after school. Men must wear collared shirts to church meetings. Women must always wear loose fitting skirts and dresses past the knee when going off campus of "in public" on campus. Women must wear modest shorts, slacks or pants only on campus in the evening or when exercising.
Unacceptable Dress: Tight and/or short shorts, low cleavages or sleeveless/sheer blouses or dresses are never acceptable. No dreadlocks for men or women. Hair should not be below the ears for men. Please refrain from bringing jewelry.
Basic housekeeping supplies are provided. Volunteer provides linens/bedding and towels. Building is solid block construction and has running water and stove. Refrigerator is shared with another mission family. Electricity is provided by solar panel, battery and generator.
- Local Travel
- Travel to and from location
Monthly Living Allowance: USD 200
- Chuuk State, in the country of the Federated States of Micronesia, consists of many beautiful tropical islands and atolls.
- Paata is about 1 hour by boat from the main island of Moen, both within the Chuuk lagoon.
- The Paata SDA School is an elementary school located at the edge of the mangrove next to the Paata Adventist Church.
- School personnel are housed below the classrooms in the 2-story school building.
Photo by Amanda Phung on Unsplash
Imagine your weekends and free time when you work in a state that is made up of many beautiful tropical islands and atolls!
August 2019-June 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.