Will be involved in all aspects of teaching assigned classes, including lesson planning, grading, classroom management, counseling, instruction, supervision, and extracurricular activities. Will also be assisting in the canteen with food preparation, sales, clean-up, and other duties as assigned.
- Teach the assigned classes and undertake such extra-curricular activities and supervisory duties as administration may assign.
- By precept and example, the employee will seek to uphold Christ as Friend and Lord and will endeavor to lead students to a similar understanding.
- Maintain careful records of attendance and scholastic performance in the register and grade book for that purpose; make course outlines and lesson plans as prescribed by the administration.
- Maintain proper control of the students’ behavior in the classroom, school grounds and premises in accordance with the rules and regulations stipulated in the Handbook.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the classroom and school grounds; create visual aids, posters and displays in bulletin boards, thus supporting a positive learning environment; be responsible for janitorial work in and around classroom and undertake supervisory duties during the lunch hour and at other times in rotation with other teachers.
- Attend regular staff meetings as scheduled and other meetings and events even after school; join in‐service sessions and workshops in order to maintain or increase his/her level of teaching skills.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities considered as part of a normal load; work in harmony with school programs and activities outlined in the Staff Handbook/Bulletin, and other directives set forth by the Board and administration.
- Regularly attend weekend church services and assist in church programs according to talents and abilities. (Sabbath School classes for all ages that need leaders and assistants, Pathfinder club, youth meetings during the week, door-to-door, prison ministry and more.