- Teach courses such as Teaching Methods in the Education Department, and also teach general courses such as Sociology.
- Assist with some administrative work
- Supervise students in their student teaching
- Connect with Adventist students in other universities
- Coordinate and work with teachers from the Middle East University in Lebanon
- MA in Education (PhD is welcome, but not necessary)
- Fluency in English (German is welcome, but not essential)
- Experience in tertiary education
- Training in elementary education
- Work experience as elementary teacher
Modest, simple, with a natural appearance: skirts that end at least at the knees, no décolleté, no jewelry, no high heels. These are our regulations in the student handbook and are also follwed by faculty members.
Your housing will depend on whether you are single or if you have a family, and will be either on or off campus. Some off campus housing may not be equipped with a kitchen and/or a washing machine.
You will have access to Wifi.
- The closest town, Braunau, is about 4 miles away and easily accessible by train. Here you can get everything you need—food, shoes, basic clothes, etc. Other options are Simbach (across the border in Germany, 6 miles away), Salzburg (40 miles), Linz (45 miles), or Munich (80 miles).
- Electric voltage: 230 V
- Local transportation: the train station is a five-minute walk from campus and goes to Braunau, Simbach, Munich, and Linz (and everywhere else from there).
- We teach Mondays through Fridays, and sometimes include an introductory class on Sunday evenings. About 2-3 times a year we go on a weekend seminar with the students (as a service to the churches and for promotion). We also serve at the Bogenhofen Stand during events such as Youth Congresses around Easter time.
- Vacation time is: fall vacation (1 week at the end of October), Christmas vacation (2 weeks in December/January), winter vacation (third week of February), Easter vacation (10 days around Easter), and a few public holidays in addition to that. Our school year starts on the second Monday in September and ends on the second Friday in July.
- Extracurricular activities: Many towns in the area, such as Salzburg, Munich, and Vienna offer a variety of things to see and do. Munich's “Das Deutsche Museum," for example, is a must! There is also bird watching in the Unteres Innviertel nature reservation, hiking in the Alps, swimming and bouldering in the region, soccer or volleyball on campus, etc. Other famous places in Europe are also easily accessible—e.g. Neuschwanstein, Schloss Schoenbrunn, Venice, the Waldensian Valleys, the Wartburg.
- Travel and moving-related allowances
- Airline tickets related to the move and annual leave
- local transportation
- housing and food
Salary and benefit package details are available upon request.
Bogenhofen Seminary is well known for its emphasis on building and maintaining Adventist identity, and we welcome all who can contribute to its spiritual atmosphere.
This is an ISE (International Service Employee) position throught the Seventh-day Adventist World Church.
A new school in the beautiful Austrian Alps needs a college teacher in the field of Elementary Education. Just an hour away from Salzburg, you'll live on this beautiful campus with a family atmosphere.
St Peter am Hart, Austria
Sept 1, 2019-July 15 2024
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist World Church.