- Assist local church and school leaders with ministry, programming, and spiritual growth of their youth. This will include conducting weeks of prayer, bible study, sermons etc.
- Assist Youth Director with the planning, onsite, and follow-up of various Conference Youth Department events including camps, rallies, and missions, etc.
- Act as mentor for youth in both morality and ministry. Plan with a constituency with various cultural and traditional sensitivities. Follow direction and support efforts of the Youth Director and Local Pastor.
- You will have weekly meetings with both the local pastor and conference youth director. You will be mentored in ministry and life! Get ready for the best opportunity future pastor could ever ask for!
- Passionate about living and sharing the Gospel in creative and traditional ways.
- Experience with starting/developing ministries geared to Youth and Young Adults
- Gifted and passionate for ministry: speaking, music, Bible study, etc.
- General Computing skills
- At least 2 years of College (Religion/Theology) with a 2.5 or higher GPA.
- Fluent in English
Aloha attire that is modest, with casual Sabbath attire when called for. Khakis and Polo shirts when on campus/church during the week.
Apartment style living will be shared with other pastoral interns based on gender. Some assignments will have housing provided by a host family were a room in their home will be made available.
- Local travel
- Travel to and from location
Monthly Living Allowance: USD 650
This assignment is available only for volunteers from the United States or Canada.
Photo credit: facebook.com/pg/HawaiiSDA
A great opportunity if you are looking for more experience working with young people.
Honolulu, United States
June 2019-May 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.