- Assist the NUA maintenance supervisor in maintaining and repair of masonry buildings, plumbing, heating and electrical systems in a safe manner.
- Direct student workers to assist you in a safe manner to perform various maintenance procedures.
- Staff Meetings
- Evening and weekend supervision
- Participate in student and staff worships, Sabbath School, Church and other scheduled programs
- Other duties assigned throughout the year
- Basic knowledge in: industrial safety, electrical, plumbing
- These additional skills are a plus: drivers license, arc welding, concrete and masonry skills, woodworking, back hoe operation, mechanics.
- Prefer volunteer to have 2+ years of Univ
- Language: English
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Single
Men are expected to dress professionally with pants and a collared shirt each day during school hours. Shorts are acceptable only during recreation or work duties. Western conservative Christian clothing is preferred. Women are expected to dress conservatively and professionally, covering legs and arms at all times. Ankle length skirts or pants are appropriate.
Unacceptable Dress: Men - shirts with controversial writing or pictures. Women - revealing or tight clothing is not allowed. Sleeveless shirts, shorts, and two-piece bathing suits.
Volunteers, if single, will share a room or an efficiency apartment with another volunteer(s). Basic furniture such as a bed and dresser or closet, kitchenette, washing machine, and other necessities are provided by the school. Towels, sheets, and toiletries are the responsibility of the volunteer. Electrical outlets 220V.
Egypt has some amazing places to visit and experience. Cairo is an international hub and the school calendar allows for breaks to explore and travel to other locations. All travel during breaks are at the expense of the volunteer including fees to leave and return.
- Local Travel as it relates to employment
- Monthly Living Allowance - USD $55.00
- Travel to/from Location
Monthly Living Allowance - USD $55.00
Photo by Fancycrave on Unsplash
Maintain and repair of buildings, plumbing, heating and electrical systems.
August 2019 - June 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.