- Oversee financial operatios, including journaling, collecting receivables, managing cash & expenditures.
- Teach a class if needed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in evening and weekend supervision of students.
- Participate in student and staff worships, Sabbath School, church and other scheduled programs.
- Other duties assigned throughout the year.
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Fluency in English
Men are expected to dress professionally in pants and a collared shirt during school hours. Shorts are acceptable only during recreation or work duties. Western conservative Christian clothing is preferred. Women are expected to dress conservatively and professionally, covering legs and arms at all times. Ankle length skirts or pants are appropriate.
Controversial writing or images on clothing is not acceptable. Additionally for women, revealing or tight clothes , sleeveless shirts, shorts, and two-piece bathing suits are also unacceptable.
Volunteers, if single, will share a room or an efficiency apartment with another volunteer(s). Basic furniture such as a bed and dresser or closet, kitchenette, washing machine, and other necessities are provided by the school. Towels, sheets, and toiletries are the responsibility of the volunteer. Electrical outlets 220V.
Egypt has some amazing places to visit and experience. Cairo is an international hub and the school calendar allows for breaks to explore and travel to other locations. All travel during breaks are at the expense of the volunteer including fees to leave and return.
- Local Travel as it relates to employment
- Travel to/from Location
- Any travel for personal interest inside Egypt or OUTSIDE Egypt is at personal expense.
Monthly Living Allowance: 55 USD
While we can accommodate either a single or married candidate, we do not have the ability to accommodate children.
- It is important to be sensitive to and abide by the cultural norms.
- Required Inoculations: Yellow Fever
- Visa Type: Tourist visa bought at the airport for 25 USD Depending on your nationality. Check on-line
- The volunteer must bring 25 USD in hand for the Tourism Visa at the airport.
Photo by Steve Johnson on Unsplash
Oversee financial operations of school, including journaling, collecting receivables, and managing cash and expenditures.
August 2019 - June 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.