- The volunteer will work as a Chinese (Mandarin) teacher.
- Participate in church activities
- Support the Adventist Volunteer Service program in its regular activities.
- Gender: Either
- Age: 23-28
- Minimum Education: 3 years college
- Language: English and Mandarin
- Marital Status: Single
- Experience: We are looking for a native speaker that can communicate in Mandarin and English even though he or she will have the chance to learn Spanish language.
- To adapt a new culture and language, be active and have self initiative.
Conservative warm clothes for winter, and light clothes for summer, formal and casual clothes.
Unacceptable Dress: Jewellery (necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, piercing, etc.) is not permitted. This goes for both guys and girls. Students who wear jewellery will be fined from any member of the university staff. The boys should always wear a shirt in the gym. Hair clean, neat, and without radical styles. Due to the intense heat, only during the months of December, January and February, you are allowed to wear bermudas (knee length shorts in classes).
Girl's or Boy's dormitory room, regular size, with a double bed, fully equipped, desk and closet. Probably will share the room with two roommates. 220 Volt electricity, hot running water. Meals will be provided by the University's cafeteria, three meals a day, every day of the week. Will also have access to the laundry services provided by the University.
- Local Travel
- Monthly Living Allowance - CLP 100.000
- Travel to and from Location
Photo by Niketh Vellanki on Unsplash
Work as a Chinese (Mandarin) teacher.
Las Mariposas, Chile
May - December 2019
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.