- Participate in community based Health Evangelism under the supervision of a pastor/physician team.
- Assist with Health Expo Outreach.
- Daily contact with assigned interests.
- Assist individuals with lifestyle change. Specifically targeting lifestyle related diseases.
- Present lifestyle change videos, reading, and practical application of healthy lifestyle principles that are provided by the program
- Give Bible studies.
- Relate Bible studies to health and health to Bible studies as taught by pastor and physician team.
- Assist with evangelistic meetings, health education meetings, small group meetings, weekly cooking classes and exercise classes.
- Teach practical skills in the home such as cooking, organizing, budgeting, exercising, shopping for a healthy lifestyle.
- Work with individuals in their homes on a prolonged basis
- Assist in worships, daily and weekly staff meetings.
- Work with children's outreach.
- Assist in production and publishing of devotional lifestyle change manual for patients.
- Assist in production of yearly morning worship book to be published for participants.
- Spiritual Mature.
- Willing to sacrifice for the benefit of others.
- Medically balanced and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Must be willing to learn, work hard, be responsible, and prompt.
- Compassion regarding those in need and feeling hopeless.
- Positive attitude in the face of trial.
- Must be a team player.
- Able to communicate easily and regularly with others.
- Able to teach.
- 2 year of College
- English Fluency
Professional and modest which is appropriate to ministry and professional settings and becoming to Christian values. May need gym clothing.
Housing, food and local travel will be provided from the date candidate arrives on site. Housing will be provided with a local church member. Local travel reimbursement based on interview with organization staff.
- Local Travel - Shared
- Travel to and from location
This assignment is available only for volunteers from the United States or Canada.
Photo by Marcelo Leal on Unsplash
If you are looking for a way to combine your profession in healthcare with your passion to share your faith, this one is for you!
Mead, United States
August 2019-July 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.