- Software development as part of technology refresh project.
- Troubleshooting and resolving playout and cloud system faults.
- Deployment-preparation for new playout systems.
- Deployment-support for field staff & volunteers for new transmitter sites.
- Updating and migrating software, scripts and cloud services.
- Documenting these activities and improving overall platform documentation.
- Involving other volunteers in these activities.
- The Faith FM network includes 150 low-powered FM radio stations and utilizes cloud-based technologies to digitally distribute radio content to each of these broadcast sites.
- Faith FM’s playout systems utilize industrial single-board computers running open source software and custom playout scripts.
- In the cloud, Faith FM currently maintains a custom media asset management system, scheduling system, and a variety of web dashboards.
- A technology refresh project is underway for Faith FM’s aging systems that were initially developed by volunteers in 2008-2012.
- Current & Planned Technology Stack:
- Cloud-based systems: Primarily Amazon Web Services
- Playout system: Ubuntu/Voyage image + MPD player + Python
- Scheduling system: MySQL + PHP
- Media Asset Management: MySQL + PHP + Python + Lambda
- Web dashboards: MySQL + PHP. Moving to React/Vue + Serverless APIs.
- Software repositories: GitHub
- Language; English
- 3+ years experience in software development
Either boarding or renting in a unit. All facilities will be provided except cell phone and internet (sim card will be provided).
- Travel to and From Location
- Local Travel
- Spouse Travel
- Excess Baggage
Monthly Living Allowance: AUD 866
Photo by Fotis Fotopoulos on Unsplash
Use your technical skills to assist a radio station while sharing your faith with the community.
October 2019 - October 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.