Will be involved in many aspects of maintenance and grounds work at this K-12 school. Will also be involved with church activities both in-reach and outreach. Church attendance is expected.
- To assist any other maintenance and grounds personnel as needed, possibly including agricultural and mechanical work, and to undertake such extra-curricular activities and supervisory duties as administration may assign.
- By precept and example seek to uphold Christ as Friend and Lord and endeavor to lead students to a similar understanding.
- Maintain and assist with entry of any records as needed or as prescribed by the administration.
- Maintain proper control of the students’ behavior in the classroom, school grounds and premises in accordance with the rules and regulations stipulated in the Handbook.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the school plant, vehicles and grounds; support a positive learning environment; be responsible to assist with janitorial work in and around the school plant.
- Attend regular staff meetings as scheduled and other required meetings and events even after school; join in‐service sessions and workshops in order to maintain or increase his/her level of skills.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities considered as part of normal load; work in harmony with school programs and activities outlined in the Staff Handbook/Bulletin, and other directives set forth by the Board and administration.
- Regularly attend weekend services and assist in church programs according to talents and abilities. (Sabbath School classes for all ages that need leaders and assistants, Pathfinder club, youth meetings during the week, door-to-door and prison ministries.) The ministries that can be joined in are extensive and many more could be led by you!
Acceptable Dress: Men teach in long pants (no jeans) but may wear shorts off campus or after school. Women must always wear loose fitting skirts and dresses past the knee when going off campus or "in public" on campus. Women may wear modest shorts, slacks or pants only on campus in the evening or when exercising.
Unacceptable Dress: Women - Tight and/or short shorts are never acceptable, nor sleeveless or sheer blouses or dresses, including tank tops. A conservative hairstyle is preferred for men and women. Please refrain from bringing or wearing jewelry.
May share apartment with other volunteers. Basic housekeeping supplies provided. Volunteer supplies their own linens/bedding. 110V electricity with American plugs.
Yap is the westernmost of the 4 islandP states comprising the Federated States of Micronesia. Although Yap State includes many islands stretched acrosshundreds of miles, our school is located on the same island as the capital city of Colonia. Our large, peaceful campus overlooks a beautiful valley and inlet. Campus buildings are separated by school level and purpose.
Monthly Living Allowance: USD $615.26
Photo by Hannah Busing on Unsplash
Orientation Information: Plan to arrive at Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii, on Friday, July 31, 2020, for Orientation meetings which begin at 6:00 p.m. that evening. Departure to your island school will be on Wednesday, August 5, 2020, on flight UA201 to Guam, arriving on Thursday, August 6, 2020. Plan to stay in Guam until Saturday evening, August 9, 2020, when you will proceed to Yap on UA185. ***For volunteers from divisions other than NAD, please work with your Division Volunteer Coordinator regarding important ticketing information with MTS Travel. Division Volunteer Coordinator contact your respective GC coordinator for further information. Pay special attention to the visa information.