- Teach English as a foreign language.
- Follow lesson plans and curriculum schedule.
- Fill in attendance and grading registers for each of their lessons.
- Fill out report letters of progress for parents.
- Participate in and teach English Sabbath School.
- Participating in winter and/or summer Vacation Bible School.
- Experience workiing with children and teens.
- Only native English speaker
- At lest 2 years of college
- Classroom management experience
Nice work clothes when in the classroom.
No Gaudy Jewelry and make-up, very short skirts and very low tops. No clothing with offensive writing or pictures, visible tattoos and/or strange piercings. Track suits, sweats, yoga pants, and other active wear during work hours in the classrooms.
Flats on the first floor of the faculty block. Each room has a small, but modern kitchen (with fridge, stove, oven, electric kettle, sink, and cabinets) and a bathroom (with toilet, sink, mirror, and shower.) The furniture in the flats slightly differs as one room is a few square metres larger. Each room has a square table with foldable chairs for eating and using as a desk (an additional desk can be provided). Each room has an Ikea futon (sofa by day, fold down double bed by night), decorative shelves and at least one wardrobe with closet and hangers. Housekeeping supplies are supplied by the volunteer, whereas mop and bucket, broom and dust pan and vacuum are provided by the calling organization. There are also misc. decorative items like rugs, table covers, chair cushions, sofa covers and throw pillows. The room comes with a plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, utensils, pots, pans, ironing board, iron, and clothes rack for drying clothes. All bedding, towels and bathroom mats are provided. Internet is provided at the cost of the calling organization as is telephone including free calling to 30 or so countries including the US, Canada, and England. Two washing machines are located in the basement of the building.
Organization will pay for:
- Local travel
- ASV Insurance
- Meals that are offered in the cafeteria (it operates depending on the amount of students and staff that are interested in using its services. Some years it has served breakfast and lunch--two courses of soup and main dish), other years just lunch. It is also open for some weekend meals depending on intensive studies offered.
Volunteer will pay for:
- Travel to/from location
- Meals are not given in the cafeteria.
Monthly living allowance: PLN 1000 ( about USD 270)
Apply at closest Polish Consulate. If not coming from the EU, the volunteer MUST have a visa before travelling! National Long Stay Visa (Type D)
Teach English as a foreign language, one-on-one, to children, teens, and adults in small groups.
Podkowa Lesna, Poland
September 2019–June 2020
VividFaith is getting ready for your participation. But while we're working on a streamlined application process, click here to apply for this assignment directly through Adventist Volunteer Services.